Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tolerance...or Not

I'm a huge fan of someecards.com. Here's one of my favorites:


Have you ever noticed that those on the left seems to think that they have a monopoly on tolerance? To the point that they are down-right condescending about it....looking down their noses if they suspect that you might be more conservative, which, of course, means that you're not as enlightened as they are.

So, what happened today when an African American actress decided to post a Tweet supporting Mitt Romney: 
Vote for Romney. The only choice for your future. @MittRomney @TeamRomney #mittromney #VOTE #voteromney
In spite of the fact that I'm staunchly Southern and somewhat conservative, I'm not a biggot. My liberal parents taught me tolerance, and the "N word" is not in my vocabulary. Therefore, I won't repeat any of the disgusting insults that were tweeted in reply, but they have been summarized at Twitchy.

And as I write this, the NBC Nightly News is discussing a story about an even more serious lack of tolerance. A 9th-grade girl in Pakistan was hunted down at her school and shot by the Taliban for daring to speak out for the rights of girls. So much for the peaceful religion...

I'm officially disgusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment