Thursday, October 18, 2012

Binders, Schminders

Sarcasm is the only other language for which I claim fluency, so I love the snarky humor of someecards. And I swear I saw a someecards version of this the other day, but I just can't find it. Please use your imagination.


It's funny. I get it. But I also have a problem with it. Just to get my point across, I'm going to break some rules of web formatting best practices. I beg your forgiveness in advance, but:

LADIES, WE'RE SMARTER THAN THIS!!!

Ah, that feels much better.

Once we quit thinking with that chip that some folks work so hard to keep on our shoulders and use the organ with which we were actually intended to think, it becomes clear that in his haste to get the point across uninterrupted, Mitt Romney meant to say something along the lines of "binders of women's resumes." Consequently, the point he was trying to make was that he was willing to bypass standard hiring practices in order to give one class of potential employees a fast path to people who fill positions.

So, I ask you, if you were looking for a job, how unhappy would "being in a binder" make you if that binder was being held by a corporate or government exec who was walking it straight to HR and/or hiring managers who would need to see it in order for their organization to put you in the hiring process?

Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment